There are many important facts that should be learned about log cabins. It would be nice to know that they respect the environment. Knowing this can help those who are not yet fully convinced of having a log house built, to finally do it. This is due to the thermal mass characteristics of the wood which often exceed the minimum criteria set by the energy efficiency code. Likewise, almost all of the materials used by most log house manufacturers are renewable.

There are two types of log houses, handcrafted log houses and milled log houses. Of the log houses already built, only 10% are those built with logs made individually by hand with the use of portable tools. A handcrafted log house is made of logs that have been peeled but still have their original natural look. On the other hand, 90% of built log houses are made of milled logs. These milled logs, otherwise known as machine profiled logs, are used to build the milled log houses. These logs have gone through a crafting process that removes the natural characteristics of the tree or trunk, creating woods that have a uniform appearance and size.

You know that in 2003, which is the most recent year that much of the log home figures were completed, the most popular states when it comes to building the most log homes were Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Michigan, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Orlando, Tennessee and West Virginia. Also in the same year, the popular states hosting the largest number of log home manufacturers or manufacturers are Colorado, Montana, North Carolina, Michigan, Wisconsin, Idaho, Tennessee, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, and New York. These are the states you can go to, to find your home maker or even your home location.

Aside from Lincoln and Jackson, as previously mentioned, there are said to be 5 other US presidents born in log cabins including James Buchanan and Adlai Stevenson. This is the real reason why log cabins have become a symbol of the humble beginnings of American politics. William Henry Harrison made use of log cabins, along with the “Whigs” to show Americans that he was a man of the people. Some of these US presidents took advantage of the fact that they lived in a log cabin or worked in one to lead them to victorious presidential elections. Stevenson, in fact, after declaring that he was born in a log cabin and having professed his poor beginnings, won a landslide victory over Dwight Eisenhower.

Interestingly, there is a toy on the market now, called Lincoln Logs, which is fast becoming a favorite with young people. Obviously it is named after Abraham Lincoln, who must be the most famous figurehead associated with log cabins. The toy has a variety of notched dowels that can be fitted together allowing its owner to build a scale structure, only in miniature, of a log cabin.

Handcrafted by Artists

MoonPie Reborns® offers a wide variety of unique and exclusive collectible dolls, including many Lifelike Reborn baby dolls, Newborn Toddlers, Sleeping Reborns, Girls Baby Dolls, Boys Silicon Babies, each of which is crafted with great craftsmanship and unrivaled quality.

With a dizzying collection of baby dolls, children’s dolls, smile baby dolls, you’re sure to find a doll that will capture your heart. Get ready to experience beautiful creations, exquisite details and expertly tailored clothing when you shop our unique gallery of collectible reborn baby dolls. Plus, for the little doll lovers in your life, we also have dolls designed for kids that are sure to inspire hours of playful fun. There are so many dolls for you to choose, which will surely warm your heart. Which one will have a forever home with you?

Make With Love

When you meet our reborn baby dolls for the first time, you’ll be amazed at how real they are! Our amazing lifelike silicone dolls are handcrafted from our exclusive authentic silicone, giving each caress a “giving” feeling.

Handcrafted from soft vinyl, our newborn dolls also capture sweet details, from the cute little face to the tiny wrinkles on the fingers and toes that are sure to break hearts. Each treasured bundle of joy will complement your doll collection and come in just the right size and weight to feel so life-like when you hold them in your arms. Offering many darlings to love, including African American dolls, these sweethearts are waiting to be discovered! Don’t wait – buy now!

Leave a Reply

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.